Thursday 29 March 2012

Welcome!

Hi there!

My name is Ceri Thomas, and I'm a 3D Artist, focusing on character design. I studied at NBCC Miramichi, taking the 3D Game Design program. It's focus was learning how to design, model, skin, texture, rig, and animate a character. We also spent time learning particle effects, prop design, lighting, environments, quality management, and working on big group projects. I absolutely love what I do, it's truly my great passion in life, which I'm very happy to say! I didn't know what I wanted to do until I stumbled into this field; I originally went to college just because I love video games and I can't say I regret my time there even a little bit. I fully enjoyed the program and I can't wait to be able to apply what I've learned to making interactive media in the real world.

I especially love modeling characters and beasts. Rigging and animating is just as fantastic, as well. I'd be perfectly content doing any side to a career in the video game industry, and I think I'd do well in any position. Everywhere I have been weak, I have worked harder to improve my skills, so that I can be a well-rounded professional.

After the two year program, my drawing has improved greatly. My life drawing especially! I couldn't draw a realistic character to save my life three years ago, but thanks to this program I know how to draw with construction lines and proper proportions to make characters look realistic and have personality. I used to fret drawing concept art for my character models, but now I sketch more than my speed at modeling can keep up with! I have especially been practicing my work with drawing beasts, for the most part dragons. I'm completely in love with medieval fantasy, and the legendary dragons are so epic and fun to draw.

Thanks for reading my little ramble about how much I love being an artist! Feel free to poke around my website and email me with any questions, comments, or critiques you may have.

Sincerely,

Ceri Thomas
ceridwenmiar@gmail.com

Updated: December 23rd, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment